The In vitro Preclinical Drug Discovery workshop will provide advanced training on drug discovery and identification of a lead/hit molecules.
The participants will have one to one hands on experience on different aspects of preclinical drug discovery including animal cell culture, cytotoxicity/viability assays, apoptosis assays, cell cycle analysis etc. It enables the participants to plan, carryout preclinical drug discovery, interpret and present the data.
The participants will learn about:
- Basics of Drug Discovery – Target identification & validation
- Introduction to Molecular Modelling ‑CADD & SBDD
- Fundamentals of Animal Cell Culture
- Cytotoxicity assays & inhibitory concentration 50 (IC50)
- Instrument operation and setup for acquisition and analysis of flow cytometer
- Data analysis, statistics, interpretation and data presentation