Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), an Autonomous Institute under the aegis of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Government of India and is also a Deemed University, mainly awarding degrees for doctoral programs. The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is looking for an appointment of Media Relations and Social Media officer on a Contract basis.
Roles and responsibilities
NCBS carries out cutting edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical research to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. We are looking for a Media Relations and Social Media officer to help showcase the science carried out on our campus through both traditional media channels as well as modern social media platforms. Producing content for NCBS social media and engaging with our online community. The successful candidate will be expected to assist with the following activities:
- Writing/Editing Press Releases
- Building press relations
- Evaluating our social media outputs and outcomes
- Monitoring feedback and incorporating improvements in the existing programme
- Announcing achievements (papers, awards etc.)
- Organising social media engagement events like Tweetathons or LIVE interactions
- Event coverage
- Internal campus events
- Reports & other admin work (with other members of the team)
- Special emphasis on institutional flagship programs.