The Centre for Brain and Mind (CBM) is an exciting new scientific venture of the National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) and the National Institute for Mental Health & Neurosciences (NIMHANS), supported by the Rohini Nilekani Philanthropies. The CBM will undertake cutting-edge research in the area of human mental illness with the goal of discovering novel and better methods for the diagnosis and clinical management of mental illness in humans.
The CBM invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Program Manager on a fixed-term basis. The position is based at NCBS and is available immediately for a period of up to five years. Appointments will be for one year and renewable annually subject to the outcome of a performance assessment. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and accomplishments, subject to institutional guidelines.
The successful candidate will be expected to help in the management, facilitation and monitoring of the activities of the CBM. The role requires the ability to work both independently and in teams, especially coordination and working between the teams at the participating institutions.
Key duties of the Program Manager will include:
- Project coordination, communication with scientists and clinicians at the participating institutions
- Organizing meetings of the scientific advisory board, steering committee and other administrative structures of CBM.
- Assisting with organizing and curating scientific meetings relevant to CBM.
- Working with administrative teams and other departments at NCBS as required for efficient management of the program, including (but not limited to):
- Monitoring project expenditure in coordination with the financial and administrative teams at NCBS.
- Managing HR matters relating to project staff hired at NCBS, working with NCBS administration as required.
- Managing procurement matters for the project at NCBS, working with NCBS administration as required.
- Facilitating regulatory matters related to the CBM.
- Coordinating with the NCBS Communications team as required for the program.
- Working across administrative teams at NCBS and other collaborating institutions as required, for example for managing seed grants and other initiatives.
- Assist with donor relations management, including organization of meetings, generation of project reports and related documentation for the program.
- Outreach to external stakeholders on behalf of the program.
- Undertaking any other duties that may be required from time to time to assist with the work of the CBM