Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore invites applications for the position of Senior Editorial Assistant in the Office of Communications (OoC).
Engagement is purely temporary on a contract basis, initially for a period of one year and may be extendable to four more years with an annual increment of 3% – 5% depending upon requirements of the Institute and satisfactory performance. Contract tenure will commence from the date of joining.
Rs. 45,000– 50,000/
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline.
Desirable: MS/MBA/PGDM/Ph.D.degree with proven experience in science writing, editing, and publishing, preferably in an academic institution or publishing house.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in science writing or journalism, editing, and copyediting content for web and print publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organisational skills.
- Experience working with archives/archival material and record-keeping.
- Experience in organizing seminars, workshops, and outreach events.
- Experience in teachingcoursesor classes related to writing/ communication.
- Proven capability to work in a dynamic team on tight deadlines.
- Senior Editorial Assistant is expected to contribute to all the activities including publishing of science and campus-related magazines and newsletters, organizing popular lectures, maintaining the Institute’s archives, organizing courses and workshops for students through its Writing Centre, and demonstrating relevant experience.
All complete applications that are received before the due date will be scrutinized and the candidates shortlisted will be called for an interview. The final selection will be based on performance in the interview.
For more details click here