The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), a Centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, is looking to appoint a Manager, Academic meetings and Events on a contractual basis. NCBS carries out cutting-edge fundamental research across a spectrum of topics in the biological sciences ranging from studies of biomedical research to ecology, evolution, and biodiversity. NCBS has catalyzed several interdisciplinary, novel, collaborative initiatives of relevance to the country. Such catalysis begins with inter-institutional meetings, discussions and brainstorming sessions, training workshops etc. We are looking for a dynamic person to lead this effort to continue the centre’s longstanding tradition of fostering cutting-edge and interdisciplinary and collaborative scientific activity to enhance scientific culture for the Indian community at large.
Roles and responsibilities
- Interacting with the director, deans and faculty and liaising with external agencies/institutions to organize short meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions. Ensuring smooth logistics including permitting logistics of international visitors.
- Follow through of such meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions to initiate concrete programs, MoU and other outcomes.
- Facilitating/writing relevant proposals for funding such interactions, including from government, philanthropy and international sources
- Supervising interactions and ensuring positive experiences for invited visitors and participants
- Supervising and ensuring smooth execution of meetings/discussions/brainstorming sessions and workshops in and off campus
- Monitoring feedback and incorporating improvements in the existing programme
- Extensive interfacing with the director, deans, faculty, communications office and other on-campus offices
- Co-ordinating meetings coverage, internal reporting and grant reporting
- The position will be based in the NCBS director’s office