Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a New Delhi based non-profit institution, is currently seeking Programme Officer for its Solid Waste Management (SWM) Programme. CSE is one of India’s leading public interest research institutes. It is known for its rigorous research and advocacy on environmental and sustainable development issues.
The candidate will be required to substantially contribute to the team’s research, advocacy and implementation work. Major work responsibilities include:
- Managing and monitoring implementation of projects in states and cities of India.
- Preparing reports (both with and without technical inputs), policy briefs, etc.
- Reviewing policy, rules and regulations.
- Extensive research/Writing on issues / development related to solid waste management.
- Communicating with national and state level officials.
- Engaging with various stakeholders at the national and state levels to disseminate information and build knowledge/awareness about solid waste management;
- Organize national and state level meetings and workshops and training programmes to improve SWM policies and practices.
No. of Positions — 2