TIFR – Hyderabad
Applications are invited for the post of Project Scientific Officer tenable at Hyderabad.
- Manage the daily set up and calibration of Flow cytometers, FACS machines and confocal microscopes in a multi-user facility.
- Liaison with company engineers and technical support staff to achieve optimum performance and arrange periodic servicing and maintenance of all the equipment in the core facility, including software and hardware upgrades.
- Impart training to new users and track equipment usage. Advise users on experimental design, sample preparation and troubleshooting. Contribute to the development and advancement of the central cytometry and imaging facility, as needed.
- Proactively assist in the implementation of novel cytometry and imaging protocols and their applications.
- Coordinate with faculty, vendors and administration for tendering, acquisition and maintenance of major common biological equipment at TIFR-H.
Temporary for one year and may be renewed each year upto a total period of three years depending upon performance and requirement.
Rs.89,900/- consolidated pay (including HRA of Rs.13,632/-)
Full Time B.E./B.Tech. degree in Biomedical Instrumentation or related area with 60% marks in aggregate (OR) Full Time M.Sc. degree in Biological Sciences or Physics with 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Minimum one-year post qualification hands-on experience in managing a multi-user cell sorter, flow cytometry and confocal microscopy facility at a research institution.
- Ability to perform routine cell sorter and confocal equipment maintenance and calibration with minimal help from company engineers.
- Experience with setup and execution parameters to run multi-color FACS and microscopy experiments, including single cell sorting.
- Excellent communication, writing, planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data and familiarity with FACS and microscopy analysis software such as FlowJo, ImageJ.
Interested Candidates are requested to provide one (1) page cover letter describing their past experience, CV and contact details of two references or two reference letters to verify prior work experience.
For more details click here