Role: To manage and lead a Medical Operations group/team to produce high quality scientific documents/deliverables for an assigned brand or service (eg GSI, HEOR group/team), by providing functional and operational leadership and implementing management control of the assigned group/team.
- Leads the worldwide medical writing group/team for an assigned brand or for a specific medical service.
- Ensures production of scientific deliverables/documents which adhere to the highest quality, timeliness and efficiency standards.
- To be responsible for the accuracy of the scientific content of the results produced by the group/team (data accuracy and scientific messages).
- Accountable for the adherence to processes/guidelines / SOPs and ensure inspection / audit readiness of all relevant documents for assigned group/team.
- Monitors and tracks KPIs for the group/team. Proactively takes measures to improve KPIs in agreement with Function head and QC manager.
- Supports the development of functional and scientific excellence for identified brand/service by collaborating with global and local customers by developing standards and benchmarks.Owns and ensures deployment and completion of initiatives and programs developed towards creating scientific and functional excellence.
- Acts as consultant on medical communications or assigned service for function Head and to other functions/teams. To work with function head to provide scientific and strategic input into both new and existing accounts, in particular playing a key role in the development of publications strategy of customers.
- People Management — Recruit talent, manage performance (set objectives, review performance and plan compensation) and develop associates (development/training plans, Organizational Talent Review, coaching or mentoring, as appropriate). Set direction, align and empower team members to achieve set goals and objectives.